Friday, August 16, 2013

Peter King's Food Review from His Annual NFL Summer Tour




I love Peter King's Monday Morning Quarterback and read everything the man writes - maybe the best sportswriter in the country right now.

Every summer he tours the training camps of many of the NFL's teams and reports in on what he sees - always incisive, entertaining, and informative. In other words, you should read him over at SI.com

He just wrapped up the 2013 tour and in addition to his notes on the teams - the Jets and Raiders are in BIG trouble, and I don't mean the Heidi game (if you grasp that reference you are old, like me) - Peter mentioned his top food moments of the trip as well. Here you go -

7. I think, in culinary terms, the highlights of the trip were:

a. The black raspberry milkshake at the Pittsford (N.Y.) Farms Dairy. Few ice cream items in American history can top it.
b. The four-way (spaghetti, chili, onions, shredded cheese), reliving the regular dinner of my 20s life, in Cincinnati.
c. The bison dog in the bleachers at Wrigley Field.
d. The pork barbeque at Hillbilly Red’s in Richmond.

e. Jake’s Stadium Pizza, Mankato, Minn. Please don’t tell my wife I had the pepperoni.

Man, I would love to get my hands on that bison dog in Wrigley and the black raspberry milkshake too. 

Follow Peter on Twitter - 

@SI_PeterKing


Catch the MMQB -



No comments:

Post a Comment